6.13.2011

Blood Orange Fig Chutney

 I have a confession.  I almost got selfish with this one.  On Saturday we threw a surprise bridal shower for Kristen and I brought this along.  It was inspired by a recipe we learned at a cooking class taught by Rachel Carr and Kristan Andrews of SunCafe.  I also made the Southwest Quinoa Salad, hummus (I'll share that soon), and Michael made an almond cheeze log (stay tuned for that one!)  There were mostly non-vegans, and I was worried it would get looked over, but boy oh boy was that chutney a hit!   "Award-winning!" "Incredible!" "Oh my god are you kidding?!" 'What IS this!?"  "Are you a professional chef?" "This is crack!" was some of the praise this unassuming little bowl of chutney received.  So, for a good 5 minutes before I started typing this post I contemplated whether I should share it with the world, or keep it as my secret weapon.  But - alas - I want to be popular and loved so here you go ;)




 Makes about 2 cups

2 cups figs (de-stemmed and soaked for 30 minutes)
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
the juice of one blood orange
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp agave

Process in food processor until smooth and well combined.  Serve with chips or crackers and ideally some almond cheeze (recipe coming soon!).

Heaven.  Seriously.

If you like this, please share it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, can't wait for the cheeze log! And I can't wait for my figs to be ripe. This chutney recipe looks simply amazing. Keep the great ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting the cheeze log next week! You grow your own figs?? I'm jealous. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach made this for my bridal shower and OMG was it AMAZING!!!!! I'm so lucky to have a friend who can cook...I'm not so good...lol. Love you!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!