5.03.2011

Southwest Quinoa Salad

Michael made this for me for lunch the other day.  He was inspired by all of the fresh food shown in the documentary Forks Over Knives.  I know I always say this - but this is our new favorite!!!  We'll be making this a lot this summer - it's fresh, clean, easy and DELISH!


Serves 4

2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1 can black or pinto beans
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of two limes
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in large bowl, check spices and add more as desired. Top with a dollop of salsa and serve with organic corn chips!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, the content and the recipes. How come you are not on FB or twitter? You have great stuff that should be reaching more people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you! I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for a bigger audience just yet, but I guess I am! Stay tuned for a FB page :) so glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A FB link was the first thing I looked for. Hope to see you on there soon. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!