6.06.2011

Animal Acres

 This Sunday Kristen and I visited Animal Acres.  It's my new favorite place in the world and I can't wait to go back.  Here is their mission statement:

Animal Acres is a Los Angeles farmed animal sanctuary and compassionate learning center dedicated to rescuing and protecting farmed animals through rescue, education, and advocacy efforts. Animal Acres is located on a beautiful 26 acre hacienda ranch, just 45 minutes from Hollywood. We encourage people to visit, volunteer, and become involved in Animal Acres, to help create a more compassionate world for ALL.

For a $5 donation, we got an amazing hour and a half tour, interacted with the animals (who LOVED the attention), and received an incredible education on the animals at the sanctuary.  It was an eye-opening, uplifting and deeply relaxing Sunday morning. 

If you're in California, I highly encourage you to take a friend or two or twenty to spend a day at the sanctuary!  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.

 me and Pinto....2500 pounds of pure love!

 yum yum yum

 hay heaven

 Winston fell in LOVE with Kristen...and chased away those who dared to go near her!

 Baby Cocoa was shy but slowly warmed up to us!

 Cow kisses from Peanut!

 Sweet little guy...

 Prince would've jumped on my lap if he could have - cutest little kid!

 afternoon nap time :)

1 comment:

  1. This was such a FUN FUN day!!!! I am obsessed with Winston...my little buddy. It was hysterical how he followed me around...made me feel special! There is a walk for Farm Sanctuary coming up...maybe we should do it. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!