2.26.2011

Fig Bars

With a dash of magical maca, these bars will make you and your taste buds oh-so-happy!  Great for an early-afternoon pick me up snackeroo!  Or a guilt free, healthy, easy and low-cost dessert!




15 figs, stems removed and roughly chopped
10 dates, roughly chopped
1⁄2 cup walnuts, soaked or dry
1⁄2 cup almonds, soaked or dry
1⁄2 cup pecans, soaked or dry
1⁄8 cup raisins (I used golden)
2 tsp maca powder
1⁄8 tsp salt
1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract*
1 Tbsp cacao nibs
2 Tbsp unsweetened dried coconut flakes

Blend together in your food processor.  Shape into whatever your heart desires (I chose to honor the fig newton- an old favorite of mine) and place in freezer or refrigerator for at least an hour.  I prefer them in the freezer, but know that they will lose 30% of their nutrients in there.

*no worries if you don't have alcohol-free vanilla.  The other stuff will work too!

3 comments:

  1. These are soooooo yummy! And so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them! I recently went on a fig bar frenzy and now have about 50 of them in my freezer...YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!