4.21.2011

Mashed Potatoes with Asparagus


My sister made this for dinner last week and it looked too good to keep to myself! If a college student can do it, you can do it!  I'm so proud!!! She calls it: "Mashed 'Gus." Love it, Bird.  Disclaimer: I try all the recipes on this blog, but I have not tried this one.  But you can't really go wrong with mashed potatoes, garlic and asparagus!  When I do make it, I'll revise the recipe (if it needs it), but a.) I didn't want to keep this yumminess from you for too long and b.) I was so excited that she created this awesome meal!  Channel your inner top chef and have fun with it :)




Should serve 2

3-4 large or 8-10 small potatoes of choice (I like yukon gold)
asparagus, chopped in thirds
2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 Tbsp earth balance
1 Tbsp olive oil

Roughly chop potatoes (skin on if organic, peeled if not organic) and place in a large pot with water.  Bring to a boil for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.  Hint: the smaller you chop them, the quicker they cook! ta da!

Heat a pan to medium high heat and add some olive oil (don't let it smoke).  Add garlic and onions and a pinch of salt and cook until onions are soft.

Add asparagus and a Tbsp of earth balance and cook until asparagus is bright green.  Place asparagus, garlic and onions on top of mashed potatoes, go to town with some more butter, salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

Thanks Bird!  Can't wait to make this!!!

2 comments:

  1. If a well-rounded, highly intelligent, extremely good-looking, boisterously comical, subconsciously kind, college student can do it -- so can you. ;)

    In all seriousness, I'm honored to be mentioned on THE vegan blog of this generation. Seriously, Rach, your blog is incredible - I use it every day.

    I would put in three times the amount of effort your recipes require to get the taste they deliver. And the health results I experience honestly liberate me to get more done in the day while actually feeling great and having way more energy.

    Thanks Rachael!! Keep them coming, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now on a mission to make this blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!