2.01.2011

Cabinet Makeover

 One of the first things I did when I began the cleanse, was cleanse my cabinet.  As you can see it was awful - embarrassing, really.  I could never find anything, and half of the stuff would go bad because I'd forget it was there.  Or I'd buy what I already had, or I'd forget what grain was in the bags!  Stressful.  Mason jars are a very cheap solution.  They're about $1.19 each at the craft store so you can go crazy.  Not to mention they're adorable!  They're air tight so no buggies will get in, they don't contain any icky or harmful chemicals that plastic containers have, and you can clearly see what they contain.  I also use them for my green juice.  Ready for the after?


Ta da! I'm so proud.  Still a work in progress but sooo much better.  Here's what they're filled with:

Top shelf back row from left to right: popcorn, fava beans, great northern beans, quinoa, pumpkin seeds

Top shelf front row from left to right: carob chips, sesame seeds, kamut

Bottom shelf back row from left to right: sunflower seeds, cashew pieces, garbanzo beans, corn flour, adzuki beans, wild rice, green french lentils

Bottom shelf front row left to right: millet, coconut flakes, jasmine rice, chia seeds, raisins, mulberries

Next will be the spice cabinet - an even bigger feat!

1 comment:

I love comments!