8.04.2011

Pizza Bellos

 While drooling my way through the prepared foods section at Whole Foods, I spotted these little guys.  Although I was tempted to buy them, I knew I could make them in 15 minutes for a fraction of the cost - so I responsibly made my way over to the produce section.  I'm big on texture, so I think I was more excited for cute mini pizzas than actually biting into a portobello crust, but.... once again I was pleasantly surprised.  They were so scrumptious and completely satisfying.  Now you can have pizza every night!! Much better than that English toast concoction my mom used to always make - sorry ma...



*if you don't use the veggie sausage they're gluten free
 



 Serves 2

4 portobello mushrooms (they shrink a lot!)
your favorite pizza sauce
1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
fresh pineapple chunks
veggie sausage
Daiya cheese
...or whatever toppings tickle your fancy!

Preheat oven to 375°.  Scrape out dark brown part on the bottom of mushroom and rinse well.  Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and coat with a little olive oil on both sides of mushroom.  Then, spread your sauce of choice, a little salt and pepper, and the rest of your toppings.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mushroom is cooked all the way through and cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, great idea! I'm always looking for another vehicle for Daiya, and these babies seem so much healthier than regular pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure Ill be making this tonight! You just combined my 2 favorite things... Mushrooms and Pizza! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. made these last night with basil and tomato....and a bottle of tempranillo! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!