11.08.2009

French Toast with Blackberry Cream Cheese

This is an easy recipe adapted from Vegan with a Vengeance.  The recipe seems like it wouldn't taste good at all, and I wouldn't recommend licking the batter off your fingers, but the finished product is DE-lish!  Use whatever bread you want.  Cinnamon-Raisin bread would be amazing.

The cream cheese is a lil somethin somethin I whip up for this recipe as well as crepes.  It's soooo easy and you can have any flavor your heart desires!

Cream Cheese

1⁄2 cup Toffuti cream cheese (softened for easier mixing)
3 Tbsp Blackberry Jam*
1 Tbsp sugar


*use whatever jam you like, and add more if you want it to have a stronger berry flavor.  Or less - whatever floats your boat.  This part is pretty much to taste.


Just mix together it together with a spoon!


French Toast

makes about 10 pieces of toast

Ingredients:
1 cup milk (soy or almond or rice..etc..)
2 Tbsp corn starch
1⁄4 cup Garbanzo bean (aka Chickpea) flour - trust me on this!
3 healthy Tbsp sugar
vegetable or canola oil
Bread of choice



Directions:
Mix well in a shallow bowl.











Heat a healthy amount of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  The recipe in the book calls for them to be somewhat shallow fried - and they're definitely amazing that way.  So I choose a happy medium and put more oil than if I were making pancakes, but not enough oil to fry them.  Although I did shallow fry them once for Michael's birthday and they were ridiculous.

Dip both sides of the bread in the batter and cook until browned on both sides.

Top with the cream cheese and a little powdered sugar and enjoy!  You probably won't even need syrup.  To make the recipe sound fancier and make "Stuffed French Toast with Blackberry Cream Cheese," just make it a sandwich with 2 pieces of bread.

I got so excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture - so here's a nice pic of my half eaten breakfast - I hope it still looks appetizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!