3.03.2010

Party Soup!

I didn't know what to name it - there's so many fun and yummy things in it.  It's super duper easy and easily modified to please your personal palette!  I had left over rice, diced tomatoes and my carrots needed to be used so I just threw everything together without exact measurements.



Ingredients
1 box (4 Cups) Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth*
2-3 cloves Organic garlic
2-3 large Organic Carrots or a few handfuls of organic baby carrots, sliced
1 1⁄2 Cups Organic Brown Rice (cooked)
2 Cans of Organic beans of your choice, rinsed.  I used Navy and Aduki beans (I'd never used aduki before but they're super healthy! click above to learn about them)*
1⁄2 or 1 can of organic diced tomatoes
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Oregano
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Heat a Tbsp or 2 of extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot.  Add garlic and cook a minute until fragrant.  Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

*When buying canned or boxed soups or veggies, always get low sodium or "no salt added."  They put SO MUCH salt in those little innocent looking cans.  So what you might think is healthy soup could actually be causing your blood pressure to increase.

And, if you couldn't tell, I'm making the switch to organic!!!

Gluten Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!