7.21.2010

Berry Easy and Delicious Cobbler

(not the most amazing picture..)

This recipe is a collaboration of a recipe I found online and my mom's apple crisp.  I pretty much ate the entire thing in one night.  This is a great dessert when you need to quickly throw something together and really want to impress your guests, or yourself :)

Cobbler

Ingredients
7 cups frozen berries, thawed and drained (to save time, I put them in a strainer and ran  warm water over them.  It will be around 5-6 cups when thawed.  I used blackberries,  cherries, and blueberries.)
1⁄4 cup flour
1⁄4 sugar
juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
zest of 1 whole lemon

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spread in a greased pie dish.

Topping

Ingredients
1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
2⁄3 cup butter, softened

Mix all ingredients well in a medium bowl (a pastry cutter works great - or a fork) and spread over berry mixture. 

Bake 25-30 minutes or until berry mixture is bubbling and topping is golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!